March 8, 2010

In Response to Ryan Beall's Post...

Do you believe it's unethical for a company to give personal information out, such as this instance, if there is fine print at the bottom stating that your information may be distributed?

I believe that it is unethical for a company to sell information, but if it is in fine print then they really are not being unethical. Obviously many people do not read the fine print, including myself, but as long as the company has it there somewhere where you are putting your information, then they have every right to sell your information and do whatever they want with it. Personally, I tend not to give my information out, I even have a separate e-mail account for company's that ask for my e-mail so that way it will not fill up my regular inbox. I think that people now a days need to be more careful about who they give information to. There are so many scandals and identity thefts every day. If people are aware of who they are giving information out too and if they read the fine print or even ask if there information will be distributed then the company has every right to sell it. The consumers just need to start being more careful about where there information is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment