April 13, 2010

In response to David Collis' blog...


In regards to Panera Catering..."What about you, would you rather get a generic mix, or exactly what you want?"


I also enjoyed the way Panera did it's "catering", but I agree that it is really more of a delivery. Many catering company's usually do not let you order separate items, making it more of a large group purchase, but it was much more convenient to be able to choose what we wanted. I think if I was having Panera Cater a large event I would not have people choose what they wanted individually because I can see that getting confusing. I would probably just order large amounts for everyone to share. With a small order, such as within our class, I think it was nice that we all got to pick just what we wanted. I don't know if Panera should consider this "catering" though, because when I think of catering, I think of them coming and setting up the food and everyone sharing he same kinds of food. I think this is more of a delivery service.


Do you think this should be considered catering or delivery? Should Panera start doing a delivery service with a smaller minimum so you can order from home? Would you order Panera more often if they delivered?

No comments:

Post a Comment