March 27, 2010

In Response to Arianne's Post...

Can you think of a time when you bought something on impulse?

There have been many times when I have bought something due to impulse. Many times, my feelings and timing will be the reasons as to why I buy impulsively.

Today, while I was returning a pair of shorts at the mall, I decided to stop into Sun glass Hut and look around. I didn't necessarily need any new sunglasses but right as I walked in I spotted a pair that I liked. After trying them on I went top the cashier and bought them. When i left the store I was happy with my purchase but now when I think back on it, I realize that I probably should have looked around for a better price or something I liked even better. The sunglasses were rather pricey and I feel as though since I was in the mood to shop and I haven't really bought anything recently, i ignored the price and just went for it. If i hadn't bought them i could have found a better price somewhere else.

I am not unhappy with my purchase and my post purchase mood is pretty satisfied, but I think I need to work on my impulse buying because this is one of the many times I have done that. Impulse buying is a problem because hen I go to buy something that I actually want and have shopped around for I won't have any money left.

What moods affect your impulse buying? Do you tend to shop better in a good mood or bad mood?

No comments:

Post a Comment